Living in this part of the country means that you really need a good air conditioner to help you get through the heat that we see throughout the year. You want an air conditioner that can cool your home effectively without costing you too much to run.
Modern air conditioners are great at providing effectiveness and efficiency. However, not every AC system is the right fit for every home. We want to focus on what is going to make a ductless mini split AC in Miami a great fit for your home comfort needs.
What, exactly, is a ductless mini split system?
A ductless system is a type of heat pump mini split. These systems move heat in order to adjust the temperature in your home. The detail that sets apart this system is that it doesn’t need ducts!
While a heat pump connects to your existing ductwork, a ductless mini split uses multiple air handlers to distribute conditioned air to different parts of your home. The air handlers are connected to the outdoor condenser unit with condensate and refrigerant lines, circumventing the need for ductwork.
The benefits of a ductless system
Ductless HVAC systems offer some great benefits when you have one installed in your home. These can include:
- Year-round comfort. Ductless systems are a type of heat pump which means they offer the unique trait of being able to reverse their refrigerant flow. Since they can do this, it allows them to move heat out of the house in the summer and into the house in the winter. With this one system, you can enjoy a comfortable, temperature-controlled house all year long.
- Improved air quality. Since a ductless system doesn’t use ductwork, it prevents a majority of the problems that are associated with ductwork use, such as duct leaks allowing cool air to escape from the ducts before it reaches the rooms of your house. This also prevents a large amount of dust from being pushed into the home.
- High energy efficiency: Ductless systems are well known for offering great energy efficiency, especially if you are switching over from a window AC or upgrading from a ducted system.
- Zone-control options: Air handlers are able to be run individually which means that you can enjoy a level of zone control without installing a zone-control system as a part of a larger central AC set-up.
Is this system right for you?
With a ductless system in place, you stand to benefit a lot. The only question is whether or not this system really is the right choice for you. We’d say yes if these descriptions match your situation:
- You have old ductwork that is too expensive to keep up
- You have no ductwork in your home and want a whole-home cooling option
- You need a system to provide a small amount of warmth in the winter without a high cost
- You are looking for a highly efficient HVAC system
- You want a system that can provide some level of zone control
Curious about ductless AC systems? Still wondering if this is the right system for you? Come to our team for the answers and services you need.
Contact Air On Demand for more information or to schedule your ductless AC system.
The post The Perks of Installing a Ductless AC first appeared on Air On Demand.
This post appeared first on AironDemand.com