Arizona really knows how to bring the heat, so is there a way to cut your energy bill while remaining comfortable in your home? With the help of your Phoenix HVAC service professionals at Howard Air, there is a multitude of things you can do to lower your energy bill in the warmer months:
- Rethink the Laundry
- For your laundry, use cold water instead of hot. Hang your laundry on a line instead of using your dryer.
- Cool Your Water
- Check the thermostat on your water heater. Is it higher than 100 ̊? Start by lowering it just 20 ̊ until you’re at 100 ̊. For example, if it’s currently set to 140 ̊, turn it to 120 ̊ for a couple of weeks until you are used to the difference, then turn it down to 100 ̊ and leave it at that.
- Install New Lights
- Installing LED light bulbs and turning out the lights when you leave a room can make a big difference.
- Improve Insulation
- Your electric bill may go down by as much as 25% when you improve insulation. Blown-in attic insulation helps, as does spray foam insulation for the rest of your home.
- Clean the Ducts
- Your HVAC system has to work extra hard if the air finds resistance trying to get through the ducts. If it’s been a while since you’ve had them cleaned, now’s a good time to get that done.
- Replace the Windows
- Whether you have single or double pane windows, there are savings to be found in replacing them with Energy Star qualified windows.
- Consider a New AC Unit
- If your air conditioner is outdated or inefficient, a new unit might be your best option. Consider a mini-split air conditioner for an energy efficient system.
- Replace the Thermostat
- Using a Wi-Fi thermostat allows you control over your HVAC system no matter where you are. Headed out for the night and forgot to turn down your AC? Hop on the app and turn it down!
- Install a Load Controller
- Using load controllers keeps your appliances from running during peak energy hours of the day. If you need to use them, it’s easy to turn them back on.
- Turn the Thermostat Down
- Knocking the temperature down just one degree on the thermostat can translate to bigger savings than you might imagine.
- Improve Circulation
- Having an attic fan installed is a great way to circulate air and eliminate heat. Consider a solar fan for even more savings.e is lower, contact the professionals for Phoenix HVAC maintenance. This ensures your system is in the best, most efficient working order.
- Acquire a Home Energy Audit
- A home energy audit will show you where you can improve energy efficiency. An audit generally includes a visual inspection as well as a blower test that detects leaks.
- Install Radiant Barrier
- A Radiant barrier takes the area of your home where heat collects the most (the attic) and blocks it from the roof where the heat soaks through.
- Give the Pool a Break
- You don’t have to run all your pool equipment all the time. If you’re not going to be using it, turn the heater off. Install a variable pump. Install a cover. All these things will decrease energy use and your energy bill.
As you can see, there are a lot of things you can do to cut your Arizona energy bill this year. Contact Howard Air to learn more today.
The post 15 Ways to Cut Your Arizona Energy Bill in 2019 first appeared on Howard Air.
This post appeared first on Howardair.com