A low moisture steam cleaner might be your best investment for cleaning and sanitizing water-sensitive equipment, processing surfaces, and other industrial areas where water is prohibited, or chemical cleaning is preferred. Keeping your equipment clean ensures maximum efficiency and ensures the safety of your employees and customers. To get the greatest results, it’s crucial to pick the right-sized dry steam cleaner for your needs.
Consider these questions before purchasing or considering a specialty dry steam cleaner:
- Will you use the steam cleaner in a commercial or industrial environment?
- What equipment and soils will you be cleaning?
What is Vapor Steam Cleaning Used For?
Vapor steam cleaners have been used primarily for general cleaning and sanitizing hard surfaces without chemicals. Applications include kitchen and bathroom grout cleaning, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, hotels, apartment buildings, and private homes. In addition, property owners and municipalities frequently use vapor steam cleaners for gum removal. Using a vapor steam cleaner is environmentally friendly and highly effective, and it leaves behind an oil and grease-free surface. The technology has recently found its way into industrial applications. It is likely that a vapor steam cleaner purchased with the intent of using it for one application will soon be used for general cleaning all around the shop as they are great for cleaning up production machinery and many other applications.
- Food and Beverage Production
- Dry Baking Production
- Meat Production and Packing
- Pharmaceutical production lines
- Product Packaging lines
Dry Vapor Steam Cleaning vs. Other Cleaning Solutions
When cleaning or sanitizing a facility or equipment where water needs to be minimized or avoided, and chemical cleaning is not preferred, steam is the perfect solution. Steam cleaning with a vapor steam cleaner is environmentally friendly, extremely effective, leaves no residue, and leaves a surface free of oil and grease. With vapor steam cleaners, surfaces without chemicals can be cleaned and sanitized, while other cleaning solutions that involve chemicals may be harmful to the environment.
How to Choose a Dry Vapor Steam Cleaner
High steam temperature – the higher the temperature at the boiler, the higher the discharge temperature. All vapor steam cleaners lose some temperature between the boiler and the nozzle. Hotter steam significantly increases cleaning effectiveness.
- Stainless steel boiler – stainless steel resists corrosion and limits heat transfer to its environment.
- Safety devices such as water level sensor, boiler thermostat, pressure switch, safety pressure valve, and de-aeration valve.
- The ability to refill the vapor steam cleaner with water without waiting for the unit to cool down first. This feature can save up to 20 minutes on every refill.
- Large water reservoir.
- Steam volume control – uses only the amount of steam needed to do the job. Less steam enhances the vapor steam cleaner’s ability to maintain temperature.
- Handling features such as wheels are large enough to make it easy to roll the vapor steam cleaner over rough surfaces or up and downstairs. A good sturdy handle helps here, too.
- Accessories – does the manufacturer offer the accessories needed for all applications?
- Warranty – look for a one-year warranty on the machine and a three-year warranty on the boiler.
See our full line of dry vapor steam cleaning products:
This post appeared first on Goodway.com