Determining when you need to schedule a service like an air conditioning repair in Palmetto Bay or a replacement is going to be important to maintaining your home comfort. This is because catching the signs of trouble ahead of time reduces the risk that you’ll spend hours or days during a busy season waiting for a technician to have the availability to come by.
Spring may not always feel like spring in our part of the country, but that doesn’t mean it is any less of a chance to make sure we are keeping our AC systems in tip-top shape…or preparing to replace the ones that aren’t. The only hindrance to this is going to be making sure you are scheduling the correct service for your unit. Knowing the indicators for which service needs your AC has will go a long way in keeping you cool on sweltering spring and summer days.
Do You Need AC Repairs?
We are going to start with the signs that should tell you when you need air conditioning repairs because the sooner you identify these the less chance that you will need a replacement sooner than later.
- Energy use: An air conditioner that is struggling to do its job despite a repair need is going to require more energy to get the job done. If you notice that your energy bills are rising even though you are doing everything possible to keep them reasonable it is likely your AC needs to be fixed.
- Cooling power: Your cooling system is supposed to help you stay cool on the many hot days we experience in Palmetto Bay. When your unit seems to be doing this less and less, don’t ignore it–call for repairs ASAP.
- Noises and smells: Both heat pumps and central AC systems should run without much noise and no smells. If you are hearing loud, concerning sounds, or notice strange smells coming from your vents or your air handlers, you should reach out for repairs.
Is It Time for an AC Replacement?
So, now that we have touched on what the signs are that your system might need repairs, let’s check on what it looks like when you need a full replacement. Don’t ignore any of the following warning signs:
- Advanced age: Air conditioners are built to last between 10 to 15 years. If your system has aged up to or beyond that 15-year mark and is still operating, that is great but you will want to look into getting a replacement soon.
- Increasing repairs: Even well-maintained systems will need repairs but that doesn’t mean they should be too frequent or egregiously expensive. If you need more than one repair a year and the price tag has become far too much, it may be time to just opt for a new unit.
- Refrigerant type: If you have an AC system that uses R-22, you will need to consider a replacement due to the phaseout of this refrigerant type.
We pride ourselves on being prompt but even the best on our team can’t be in two places at once. Avoid having to wait by scheduling your AC services before your system suffers a breakdown during the busy season.
Contact Air On Demand to get started today.
This post appeared first on AironDemand.com