Around this time of year, it can seem like most of the rest of the world can’t stop talking about how cold their weather is. Thankfully, we are in the sunnier, warmer part of the United States so we aren’t having to worry much about pulling out our scarves and beanies. Instead, we can enjoy a nice comfortable holiday season without any snow or ice…unless it is on the evaporator coil for the AC unit.
While everyone else is focused on their heater, we are still needing to make sure that everything is going well with your air conditioning in Homestead, FL. As we said, you are looking forward to a comfortable holiday season, not an annoyingly hot one. With that said, it may be time to add a new AC system to your wishlist. Here’s how to tell when a replacement is necessary.
Is It Time for a New AC Unit?
If you are wondering whether you need a new AC system, it is a good idea to take a moment, or a few minutes to assess what is going on. Can the issue be dealt with via a system repair or do you really need a full replacement? Here are some indicators that will let you know what to schedule:
- Age: If your AC unit is under 10 years old, a repair is likely to be enough to resolve the issue. However, if your system is 10 years old or more, you probably need a replacement.
- Operation. How well is your system working? Is it reliable most of the time and has only been behaving oddly as of late? Or do you feel like you almost never get any cool air from the system anymore? If your AC can’t accomplish its main job, you should consider a replacement.
- Repairs. Yes, the need for repairs can actually tell you a lot about what service you need. If you only need repairs every few years, chances are you can get by with a repair this time. If you are calling your HVAC contractor on a yearly basis, however, it is likely that your unit needs to retire.
Choosing Your Next AC
Investing in an air conditioning system around here is no small decision. You want to make sure that you have one that will provide you with great cooling comfort for a long time. Make sure you select the best system for your needs by taking the following factors into consideration:
- What size of home you are trying to cool off.
- Whether parts of the home often get more heat than others.
- If you want the option to cool one room at a time.
Whatever your cooling needs, the technicians at Air On Demand can help. We will work with you to determine if you truly need a new system. From there we can assess your cooling needs in order to pair you with the best possible AC unit to meet them.
Put your comfort in the hands of the professionals. Contact us today for services in the greater Miami area.
This post appeared first on AironDemand.com