It is the season of giving and every once in a while it is nice to treat yourself to a gift. It’s even better if the gift is one that benefits everyone in the house. What we are talking about is, of course, enjoying the gift of a new air conditioning unit.
We know that choosing to go for an AC replacement in Coral Gables is never a truly easy decision. And no one should go into the job of replacing their unit without knowing that it is the right choice for them.
With that said, now is actually the best time to replace your old air conditioning system. Let us explain why.
When You Should Replace Your Unit
First things first, you will need to know whether or not it is time to replace your AC. These are the indicators you should:
- Your system is over 15 years old: Air conditioners are meant to last between 10 and 15 years. If well-maintained, a unit may last a few extra years. However, if your AC is old enough to get a driver’s license, it is a good time to consider a replacement.
- The unit no longer produces cold air: In short, an air conditioner that can’t cool your home no matter how many times it is fixed, needs to be replaced.
- When it is on, it short cycles: Short cycling refers to when an AC system can’t complete its cooling cycles properly. Aside from costing extra money and creating an excessive amount of wear and tear on your unit, this is also a sign you need to schedule a replacement.
- It still uses R-22 refrigerant: In January of 2020, R-22 refrigerant will officially stop being produced and will be replaced by R-410A, a more eco-friendly alternative. This means that if you need a refrigerant recharge, this service will be much more expensive until stores run out. Once this happens, you will need to replace your unit with one that uses the new type of refrigerant.
Benefits of an AC Replacement
So, now that you know when you should consider replacing your air conditioner, let’s take a look at how it will benefit you in the long run.
- Savings: We know this might seem odd considering how pricey a new system can be, but a newer unit will pay for itself pretty quickly. This is because a new, energy-efficient AC will provide increased savings.
- Improved Climate Control: With a new AC in your home, you will have a renewed ability to keep your indoor climate that much more comfortable.
- No Need To Replace it Later: If you have a unit using R-22, replacing it with a new system that uses R-410A keeps you ahead of the game and saves you the trouble of needing to replace it later on.
Schedule a Professional Replacement
With all the information above in mind, you are now better able to make an informed decision. If you decide that the time has come for a new system, make sure that you reach out to a professional HVAC technician to get the job done.
Contact Air On Demand today for any air conditioning service you need. We work hard to keep Miami cool.
This post appeared first on AironDemand.com